Saturday, August 12, 2017

End of Week 1!

Congratulations: we MADE IT through the first week!

This week, we focused on learning procedures, organizing materials, and setting expectations. Next week the real work begins. There will be a full load of subject matter and a full load of homework. The grace period will end for late work and work turned in without a name. This sounds serious, and it is, but I will be there every step of the way to guide and support your children. My goal is always to promote rigor and order in my classroom so that the children have the freedom to wonder and to learn. 


CURRICULUM NIGHT

Please mark your calendars for Curriculum Night on the evening of Wednesday, August 30th. Please look for future notification on the exact time. On this night I will share a wealth of information about the class, the curriculum, and my expectations for fourth grade. This evening is for parents only.


DROP OFF and PICK UP

Thank you for your continued efforts and your patience with our pickup process! Mr. Posner tells me that we are already beating last year's wait times. Next week should go even more quickly as after-school tutoring and prep athletics begin, and the following week should proceed still more rapidly as clubs and after-school activities go into full swing. We will remain committed to ensuring a maximally safe and efficient pickup process. 

CLUBS

After-school club begins next week! Stay tuned for more information.


AGENDA and YELLOW FOLDER

These come home every night. Their agenda should list all nightly homework assignments, copied out by the student. I require the children to write down exactly what I write on the board, and either Mrs. Klopack or I checks each notebook daily for accurate completion. This is meant to give them, and you, full information and accountability for each assignment every evening. The yellow folder will include parts of homework assignments as well as fliers containing important information. Both should be checked nightly.

I'm deeply proud of how hard your children worked this week. Please get some rest this weekend, and we'll see you back on Monday!

Miss Kelly

No comments:

Post a Comment

Last Week Before the Holidays!

  Greetings, parents – we’re almost there!   While we’re all eagerly anticipating the end of the quarter, I’m realizing how much I’m go...