Wednesday, November 15, 2017

Wednesday Miscellany

Good afternoon parents,

I am so looking  forward to watching the children perform at the Winter Concert tonight! Perhaps I will see you there.

A few miscellaneous items:

1. The math test formerly scheduled for this Friday has been moved to Tuesday, December 21. I strongly dislike moving test dates and try to avoid it if at all possible, but the fourth grade team thought it was necessary this time given everyone's progress as well as the Archway and Prep concerts thus weekend (on different nights). Hopefully this will lighten this week's load a little for everyone.

We will still take the Spalding and history tests on Friday. The history test is on Ch. 17-21 in the packet/study guide.

2. School administration confirmed for me today that "smart" watches may not be worn by the students during school; they must be turned off and kept in backpacks or left at home. This policy  is intended to reduce distractions, remove temptations and means of cheating, and keep inappropriate content off our campus. I hope none of the children feel penalized by this directive. I haven't noticed any specific problems with smart watches in 4A, but I respect the policy of the school.

A smart watch is defined as any watch that can access the internet, has a calculator, can receive calls or texts, or can play videos or games.

Regular ("dumb") watches, including digital ones, are allowed.

3. Today the children received a sheet detailing a small science project in which they will be documenting and charting the weather in various American cities. All that the kids will need to do at home each day (starting tomorrow) is look up the weather in their chosen city and log high and low temperatures and conditions. I told them this should take a maximum of five minutes per day. If your child cannot access the internet at home, let me know and I'll help them log the info at school.

As always, please be in touch with questions or concerns! See you tonight!

MK

No comments:

Post a Comment

Last Week Before the Holidays!

  Greetings, parents – we’re almost there!   While we’re all eagerly anticipating the end of the quarter, I’m realizing how much I’m go...